Flaah Masjid has decided to have Khatam-ul-Quran on Thursday, May 21st at the masjid with strict guidelines. The following rules and guidelines will need to be followed in order to maintain the safety of the public attending the event.
1. The event will only be set up for men and will be completely outside. Women, children, and elderly are recommended to stay at home. People staying at home can join us in our live stream of the event starting at 10:30 pm.
2. Wudu and use the restroom before you come to the masjid as the restrooms will only be used if necessary.
3. Wear a mask and gloves at all times while on masjid property.
4. Do not physically greet others. Follow CDC guidelines of social distancing.
5. Bring your own musallah or rug to pray on as we will be praying outside on our concrete foundation.
6. We will have spaces marked on the concrete foundation for everyone to sit or perform prayer while maintaining social distancing. Stay in your designated space throughout the event for your own and other’s safety.
We hope you can join us for Khatam-ul-Quran. JazakAllah
Flaah – 9203 Jackrabbit Rd, Houston TX, 77095
We have received a lot of inquiries regarding whether we are reopening the masjid in light of Texas allowing some businesses to reopen.
We have been monitoring the situation, and after reviewing CDC, State and County guidelines we have determined we CANNOT open the masjid for large gatherings such as Taraweeh or Jummah Prayers at this time.
This is not a decision we take lightly. The community’s health is paramount to us, and Flaah does not have the infrastructure nor processes in place to be able to effectively follow the requirements to open.
Here are some examples of the guidelines from the Governor and the CDC-
“At least once per day, clean and then disinfect surfaces and objects that are touched often.”
“Disinfect seats and any items that come into contact with attendees between services.”
“Screen employees and volunteers before coming in the church”
Flaah does not have the resources or infrastructure to meet these guidelines. Cleaning surfaces such as carpet is very difficult to do, especially on a daily basis. We also do not have the ability to test or screen people who come into the masjid.
InshAllah we will continue to monitor the situation and determine when the best time is to reopen.
We wish you all good health, May Allah (SWT) protect us all.
Flaah Masjid – 9203 Jackrabbit Road, Houston TX, 77095
After careful investigation we have come to understand that the moon was not sighted. Therefore, April 25th will be the start of Ramadan.
Reports of moon-sighting were unsatisfactory and the sources could not be confirmed.
*Pending Moon Sighting*
The stream will start today April 23rd at 10:30PM if the moon is sighted. Otherwise, we will start tomorrow.
This will continue daily at 10:30PM till we finish the Quran.
Due to COVID-19 we will not be having Taraweeh Salah at the masjid until further notice.
InshAllah join us for a daily live stream of the recitation of the Quran and Dua. We will try to read 1 Para/Juz per day.
Please note that you should read your 20 Rikat Taraweeh yourself before joining this stream. The recitation is only for listening, you cannot pray your Salah with it.
Here is the YouTube link-
You can view the live stream on our Facebook page as well-
Due to COVID-19 we ask you pray Tarweeeh prayers at home until further notice.
Ramadan Timings Sheet
You can download the Ramadan Timings sheet by clicking here.
We will be live streaming Quran Recitation and a Dua everyday for Ramadan at 10:30PM. This will replace the current COVID-19 Daily Dua.
Please pray your 20 Rakat Taraweeh before this and join to listen to the recitation of the Quran.
Eid and Other Events
We will follow best practices by health officials and the government. We will post updates when we know more about whether we can hold events safely.
Starting Sunday, April 5th Flaah will be offering a free online Sunday School for both children and adults. The following classes will be offered-
-Dean and Dunya (Teenagers and Adults – Islam and the Modern World)
-Diniyat (All Ages – Integrating Islamic history, beliefs, morals, and jurisprudence)
-Quranic Reading (All Ages – Recitation, Meaning, and Memorization)
-Islam Basics (Children & All Ages – Basics of Islam)
Please fill out this form if you are interested. https://forms.gle/qMemBx4iVFNfzVMR8
Please share this post so those impacted by COVID-19 globally can continue to attend Islamic Sunday School. Timing details will be shared soon.
Join us for a special dua and hadith discussion in regards to the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Go to our Facebook page for updated links or use the YouTube link below.
We will be streaming daily at 9:30PM CST. If you are unable to view on Facebook, please visit the alternative YouTube stream-
Join us for the live stream of the Miraj-un-Nabi program and Dua tonight at 9PM CST on Facebook Live.
Learn about the nighttime journey Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Salaam took from Mecca to Masjid Al Aqsa.
After taking into consideration the guidelines from local, state and federal agencies Flaah will be moving all events online and canceling Friday prayers until further notice. We will be offering events and Sunday school online, which we will detail in another post.
This is not an easy decision, however, we have a duty to prevent the spread of this virus. We heavily stress to the community to take this situation very seriously and follow the guidelines recommending social distancing and staying at home.
It is important during these times to look to Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala to guide us out of this pandemic and protect our community and loved ones. We have to remember that all illnesses, diseases, and conditions belong to Allah, and the cures belong to Allah as well. Continue to offer your prayers at home and make Dua for the health and safety of you, your community and your loved ones.
InshaAllah, if we look to Allah, as well as follow the guidelines, we will stay healthy.
Please take the necessary precautions and keep up to date with the active situation.
Flaah Masjid – 9203 Jackrabbit Road, Houston TX, 7709
Flaah will continue to have Juma prayer today March 13th with provisions in place to protect the community. As always, please follow best practices and guidance from healthcare and government officials.
There will be a short Khutba
Prayers at 2:30 P.M and 3:30 P.M-
* People at higher risk of severe illness please stay at home and away from the masjid and other public facilities.
* People who are sick need to stay at home and quarantine to prevent infecting others.
* People with symptoms like cough, flu, fever or other respiratory problems please do not come to the masjid and follow guidance from your healthcare provider.
* People who have travelled recently please stay home and do not come to the masjid.
* Limit meeting and talking time outside of the masjid.
* Avoid shaking hands, instead use verbal greetings.
* Please bring your own prayer rug with you for all prayers, make wudu at home, limit the use of public bathrooms, and carry your own hand sanitizer.
The community’s health is incredibly important to us. Please take precautions and keep up to date with the active situation. We ask Allah to protect and guide us during these times.
Flaah Masjid – 9203 Jackrabbit Road, Houston TX, 77095